Saturday, November 24, 2007
- food on my table
- clothes on my back
- clean water
- the air I breathe
- each breathe I take
- Love (ability to give and receive)
- Pastors (past and present)
- for each new day
- the smell of rain on pavement
- having a job
- being called to work with children
- being a Hospice volunteer (puts a lot in perspective)
The list can go on and on but most of all, I am thankful, that I still have a heart that is filled with an attitude of gratitude.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
And there Jesus was leaving the city of Jericho
People were following Him-for they hated to see Him go.
Blind Bartimeus was there on the road and heard Jesus was passing by
He was overwhelmed,he wanted healing so with a loud voice he began to cry-
"Oh Jesus,Son of David,have mercy upon me"
"I am a blind man and my desire is to see!"
The people there said "Hush up! He doesn't have time for you!
"Just sit there and be quiet Jesus has much better things to do!"
But Blind Bartimeus cried even louder "Son of David,have mercy upon me
I am a blind man and my desire is to see!"
Right there in that moment Jesus stopped-yes He stood still
For He had heard a voice of faith calling out to Him at will.
Jesus said to the people "Tell him,tell him to come here!"
And they did just that saying "Bartimeus,be of good cheer!"
"For Jesus has called you,so get up,get up,arise!
"He may have compassion upon you, yes He may heal your eyes!"
So Bartimeus got up and cast His garment away
His garment of doubt and pain and fear-those things could no longer stay!
And Jesus said to him "What is it? What shall I do for you?
Your voice was louder than the rest-above them all I heard you!"
"Lord," Bartimeus said "I want to receive my sight today."
"I know if I want to see,then You are the only Way!"
Jesus said "Your faith,your faith has made you whole."
"So go on you way Bartimeus,now onto other people you won't have to hold!"
Immediately he received his sight,yes Bartimeus was no longer blind!
He was made whole. He was set free-soul,body and mind.
The garment he layed down,he did not return to get it
For He was a free man now....so what could he do with it?
I know that man Jesus Who can do the same for you!
He heals every affliction and every pain He'll carry you through.
So ARISE! I say-put down that garment and cry out-
"Jesus,I am afflicted,I come in faith and not in doubt!"
"Hear my cry,my Lord- Have mercy upon me."
For I am blind as Bartimeus once was and my desire is to see."
Now unto Him Who is able to keep me from falling-the Lover of my Soul-Jesus Christ
Friday, November 9, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Friday, November 2, 2007
I was feeling under the weather this weekend so, I made an appointment to see my doctor. The nurse gave me a gown and told me to slip it on and the doctor would be right with me. As I was getting undressed I heard "Great and Mighty" playing. Not thinking about the fact that there was no music playing anywhere else in the office, I thought, "Wow, how wonderful. They are piping Gospel music through the intercom." I listened for a while, and then remembered that I had changed my ringtone the night before and the music was coming from my phone. (LOL)
I had my first visit with my Hospice clients last week. Since it was my first visit, a veteran volunteer went with me. The visits went well. I must say that I am not happy with the overall care given at the nursing home that they are in though. Anyway, one of my clients is an alzheimer's patient. We all know how that disease can make you regress to another time period in your life. Well, this lady saw me and I guess it put her in a time warp to pre-civil rights because she started telling me a story about how someone she knew was going to get him a black boy. I patiently smiled and listen as she relayed the story. Then before I left I asked her if I could pray with her...and I did. After visiting some of my other clients, We passed by her again. She was sitting in the same place staring off in space. As we walked by her, We told her that we would be back soon to visit her. With a big bright smile and a giggle, she boldly proclaimed, "I hope not". All I could do was laugh because I was sure that she meant to think that and not say. it.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Let the Godly strike me!
It will be kindness!
If they correct me, it is soothing medicine.
Don't let me refuse it.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
that my friend, Derek, had taken for me.
(By the way, God has given him awesome talent. If you need some pictures, let me know, I'll point you in his direction.) Continuing on now......I came across this picture he had taken of some violets. I always liked violets. Partially because the most prevalent variety is purple....my favorite color. I did a web search and found out that violets thrive and flourish in almost any condition and for this reason it is sometimes pulled like a weed by some gardeners! Then I thought about the term "shrinking violet." It is used to describe someone who is shy or seeks to stay in the background. I realized that over the past years I had allowed myself to become a shrinking violet. GASP! I was misled to believe that in order to be humble, that was the posture that I was to take. In actuality, instead of becoming a shrinking violet, I should have blossomed and flourished as God wanted me to under the care of his hands in any and every situation, place or circumstance where he told me to be bold, beautiful and emit the intoxicating fragrance of the Holy Spirit....to stand out among the rest of the garden for HIS glory ! As I allowed God to minister to me, I realized that true humbleness is being open to the instructions of God. It is willingness to being led by the Holy Spirit without question or reservation. It is being the fullness of the person that God created you to be without thinking more highly of yourself than you should. It is being grateful for every blessing, circumstance and situation, no matter how great or small, knowing that ALL things are working for your good. I had a friend tell me that she saw a renewed boldness in me that she could appreciate. I praise Jesus for restoration of that. I thank Jesus that even as I have allowed myself to be treated as a weed, he continued to plant seeds that are now flourishing into great confidence. The confidence to continue the race and carry out the plans that God has for my life. BE BOLD! BE BEAUTIFUL! BE FRAGRANT! No More "shrinking" violets.
32Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. 33Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions.
35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. 38 But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved. ~ Hebrews 10:32-39
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Before the world was made you knew me.
Before I knew my name, you called.
Reaching out for me with loving arms, telling me that I am yours.
Sometimes, turning away from you.
But you love still remains faithful and true.
What can I give in return for all you've done for me?
Before I was born you knew me
Called me to your arms of love
Born into sin deserving death, but life is what you gave to me.
Sometimes turning my back from you
But your love still remains faithful and true
What can I give in return for all you've done for me?
Oh Lord you made me and you know me
From the beginning you held my heart, you held me close
So I wont resist you
But as you intended, I wanna be yours
Oh Lord you made me and you know me
From the beginning, you held my heart you held me close
So I wont resist you
But as you intended, I wanna be yours...
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Here are a few things you might not know about me (interesting or otherwise) to get you started:
- I adore musicals, plays and classic black & white movies.
- Some of my favorites are: Imitation of Life (both versions), A Raisin In The Sun, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)
- Somewhere in an alternate universe, in the galaxy far,far away known as the recesses of my imagination, I have skills that put Alvin Ailey to shame (LOL)
- Fascination from my childhood. Sometimes it "ain't" pretty ...or tasty.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
As I meditated on this scripture the process was crystal
- Stand & Look- be still in the situation and allow God to show it to you through his eyes. Be real with God and yourself. Take any "blinders" off. "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckeled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace. ~ Ephesians 6:15,14
- Pray - first for clarity on God's predestined plan for your life and the situation, then for the path of provision that God has prepared for you. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path" ~Proverbs 3:4-6 "For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair-every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. ~Proverbs 2:8-10
- Walk -- in obedience! "And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed. ~Hebrews3:18 "But I say, walk and live[habitually]in the Holy Spirit[responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh(of human nature without God.) ~Galatians 5:16(AMP)
...the fog of complication and drama, lifted and I wondered why it had taken me so long to get this simple concept to take root in my spirit. I realize that in alot of instances I was being led, in varying degrees, by my emotions instead of The Spirit. We face many crossroads in life. Which way do we turn? There is a path that will take you directly to God's intended goal. The path of obedience where he smooths the potholes and makes our way straight. Then there is the other road. Full of twists, turns, complications. Yeah, in the end, if we are God's children and change our misguided direction, we can still end up where He wants us to be but, the trip will be longer and a lot less enjoyable. So, let's make it easy on ourselves. Let's vow to us our GPS....God's Positioning System!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
- KG - Thank you for pulling me out of my shell and allowing me to release my comedic and crazy side. I will not go back into that box. For being there to lift me up in prayer and pulling me to new heights in my spiritual walk. For allowing me to vent about my life and always understanding in the spirit what I am going through and where I am coming from...STOP STALKING ME!!!! (LOL) I am so blessed that you were dragged into my life. (LOL) Sorry, no exchanges or returns....As Is only! Love You!
- Pooh- Thank you for being a friend and pulling me in when I felt isolated by so many others. Thank you for encouraging me to go for everything that God has purposed for my life. You challenge me and that is a good thing. You are an Awesome woman of God. A little militant and zealous...but those are good traits (LOL). I have learned a lot from you. Can't wait to see the vision come to pass. Love you little sis!
- Thumper - It has been an interesting ride to say the least. I would not change it or trade it for anything. You have become one of my very best friends. Thank you for always being honest with me...It has helped me to grow in so many ways. You are a GOOD man. I am proud of all that you have allowed God to do in your life. Through you God has shown me how to be grateful in every circumstance and to trust God to deliver no matter what the natural looks like. You my friend have taught me stength. The wife that you find will be a good thing and blessed indeed. Love You!
- The Blessed One - Thank you for reminding me that I am "Beautiful" even when I don't always feel like I am. Thank you for your prayers! Our relationship has taught me to allow Christ to be strong in my vulnerability. You are an awesome Man of God. I know that your life has great purpose! Remember that you are chosen of God to be here. Why else would Satan be after your life at such a young age. I am thankful that you are in my life. 8 yrs and counting. Let's fight for this with our prayers... I Love YOU!!!! Did you hear it in your spirit????
- SORORS of ZphiB and Sisters in Christ: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! No matter how I unconsciously push you away, you love me anyway. I will do better. Faith: I love your Spirit! You are beautiful inside & out! Lil Bit: You are my heart. I know I don't talk to you or keep in touch like I should. Trying to wade through my own issues. I love your straight forwardness and your love for people and life. OH..and your great hair!!! DSmits: Thank you for always thinking about me and checking up on me. I love your Perserverence and that HUGE heart of yours. Keep letting God have his way! I am proud of YOU! Tricey: I talk to you least now (gotta change that), but I think underneath it all we are still the most alike. Thank you for encouraging me and being you no matter what the circumstance. I am blessed to have all of you after all of these years. You are amazing women!!!! Women of Strength!!! You have all been through alot in life & come forth more polished than ever. You all inspire me!!!!
What about YOUR friends....have you celebrated them today?
Monday, July 23, 2007
written by the HOLY SPIRIT transcribed by LaShonda
Will you leave me hanging?
Hands suspended in the air
Tethered and nailed...in one position held
Wondering why I seem dead to you
Buried under your issues, your problems looming
Instead of leaving then in the tomb
Like the shroud that tried to hold but could not consume
The POWER my father gave
To ressurrect from the grave
My Spirit , your situation, your soul, your life
I AM- THE LIVING CHRIST
You went down- buried with me
But forgot to come up
Drowning in the water that symbolized the cleansing of your cup
Denying the power ot transform your life
I got up - yet you don't recognize
THE LIVING CHRIST
The wind is blowing.... Mighty, Rushing
Do you feel it?
Will you sit back and say nice breeze or
Be filled with my Spirit
Bask in my glory, operate in my might
Open your mouth, Say my name
Put 10,000 to flight
Walk as I do, talk as I do
Is my D.N.A really in you?
Or do you Deny Authority?
Leaving me hanging
Hands Suspended in the air
Tethered and nailed...in one position held.