Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Friday, September 3, 2010

A Lesson From Natasha

In 2007, Terrance Aeriel, Iofemi Hightower and Dashon Harvey were brutally executed in the schoolyard of Mount Vernon Elementary in Newark, New Jersey.  Terrance's sister Natasha Aeriel was raped, attacked with a machete, shot and left for dead.... But, God had other plans!  Many were outraged by this murder when it happened. As time went on, most forgot.  I have been following the story from the first report.  The first defendent in the slayings was sentenced to 3 life sentences Monday, with the trials of 5 other defendents to follow.  But, that is not my focus.......
I want to focus on the survivor. With all that Natasha went through and lost, she could have given up.  She literally could have cursed God and died.  However, she chose to fight.  She chose to profess her faith and thankfulness to God. In the past month, she has not only bravely testified during the trial but she has graduated from college as well.
The journey of this young lady has humbled me. I confess that I am guilty at times of being ungrateful...of whining, murmuring and complaining.... of threatening to "faint" in the face of some "hard" thing or situation.  No more! I will do better! I will live a life with a more grateful heart.  I will push through whatever may try to block my path, all the while giving God glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections Please!