Monday, July 30, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Here are a few things you might not know about me (interesting or otherwise) to get you started:
- I adore musicals, plays and classic black & white movies.
- Some of my favorites are: Imitation of Life (both versions), A Raisin In The Sun, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)
- Somewhere in an alternate universe, in the galaxy far,far away known as the recesses of my imagination, I have skills that put Alvin Ailey to shame (LOL)
- Fascination from my childhood. Sometimes it "ain't" pretty ...or tasty.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
As I meditated on this scripture the process was crystal
- Stand & Look- be still in the situation and allow God to show it to you through his eyes. Be real with God and yourself. Take any "blinders" off. "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckeled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace. ~ Ephesians 6:15,14
- Pray - first for clarity on God's predestined plan for your life and the situation, then for the path of provision that God has prepared for you. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path" ~Proverbs 3:4-6 "For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair-every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. ~Proverbs 2:8-10
- Walk -- in obedience! "And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed. ~Hebrews3:18 "But I say, walk and live[habitually]in the Holy Spirit[responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh(of human nature without God.) ~Galatians 5:16(AMP)
...the fog of complication and drama, lifted and I wondered why it had taken me so long to get this simple concept to take root in my spirit. I realize that in alot of instances I was being led, in varying degrees, by my emotions instead of The Spirit. We face many crossroads in life. Which way do we turn? There is a path that will take you directly to God's intended goal. The path of obedience where he smooths the potholes and makes our way straight. Then there is the other road. Full of twists, turns, complications. Yeah, in the end, if we are God's children and change our misguided direction, we can still end up where He wants us to be but, the trip will be longer and a lot less enjoyable. So, let's make it easy on ourselves. Let's vow to us our GPS....God's Positioning System!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
- KG - Thank you for pulling me out of my shell and allowing me to release my comedic and crazy side. I will not go back into that box. For being there to lift me up in prayer and pulling me to new heights in my spiritual walk. For allowing me to vent about my life and always understanding in the spirit what I am going through and where I am coming from...STOP STALKING ME!!!! (LOL) I am so blessed that you were dragged into my life. (LOL) Sorry, no exchanges or returns....As Is only! Love You!
- Pooh- Thank you for being a friend and pulling me in when I felt isolated by so many others. Thank you for encouraging me to go for everything that God has purposed for my life. You challenge me and that is a good thing. You are an Awesome woman of God. A little militant and zealous...but those are good traits (LOL). I have learned a lot from you. Can't wait to see the vision come to pass. Love you little sis!
- Thumper - It has been an interesting ride to say the least. I would not change it or trade it for anything. You have become one of my very best friends. Thank you for always being honest with me...It has helped me to grow in so many ways. You are a GOOD man. I am proud of all that you have allowed God to do in your life. Through you God has shown me how to be grateful in every circumstance and to trust God to deliver no matter what the natural looks like. You my friend have taught me stength. The wife that you find will be a good thing and blessed indeed. Love You!
- The Blessed One - Thank you for reminding me that I am "Beautiful" even when I don't always feel like I am. Thank you for your prayers! Our relationship has taught me to allow Christ to be strong in my vulnerability. You are an awesome Man of God. I know that your life has great purpose! Remember that you are chosen of God to be here. Why else would Satan be after your life at such a young age. I am thankful that you are in my life. 8 yrs and counting. Let's fight for this with our prayers... I Love YOU!!!! Did you hear it in your spirit????
- SORORS of ZphiB and Sisters in Christ: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! No matter how I unconsciously push you away, you love me anyway. I will do better. Faith: I love your Spirit! You are beautiful inside & out! Lil Bit: You are my heart. I know I don't talk to you or keep in touch like I should. Trying to wade through my own issues. I love your straight forwardness and your love for people and life. OH..and your great hair!!! DSmits: Thank you for always thinking about me and checking up on me. I love your Perserverence and that HUGE heart of yours. Keep letting God have his way! I am proud of YOU! Tricey: I talk to you least now (gotta change that), but I think underneath it all we are still the most alike. Thank you for encouraging me and being you no matter what the circumstance. I am blessed to have all of you after all of these years. You are amazing women!!!! Women of Strength!!! You have all been through alot in life & come forth more polished than ever. You all inspire me!!!!
What about YOUR friends....have you celebrated them today?
Monday, July 23, 2007
written by the HOLY SPIRIT transcribed by LaShonda
Will you leave me hanging?
Hands suspended in the air
Tethered and nailed...in one position held
Wondering why I seem dead to you
Buried under your issues, your problems looming
Instead of leaving then in the tomb
Like the shroud that tried to hold but could not consume
The POWER my father gave
To ressurrect from the grave
My Spirit , your situation, your soul, your life
I AM- THE LIVING CHRIST
You went down- buried with me
But forgot to come up
Drowning in the water that symbolized the cleansing of your cup
Denying the power ot transform your life
I got up - yet you don't recognize
THE LIVING CHRIST
The wind is blowing.... Mighty, Rushing
Do you feel it?
Will you sit back and say nice breeze or
Be filled with my Spirit
Bask in my glory, operate in my might
Open your mouth, Say my name
Put 10,000 to flight
Walk as I do, talk as I do
Is my D.N.A really in you?
Or do you Deny Authority?
Leaving me hanging
Hands Suspended in the air
Tethered and nailed...in one position held.