Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Thursday, July 26, 2007

TURN BY TURN NAVIGATION

Last night, I had a conversation with a friend about making crucial life decisions. As we talked, I began to think about my decision making track record. We won't get into numbers, but I will say thank God for his mercy and grace! I praise Him for growth. As I began to pray about things and allow God to minister to me, one of my favorite commercials came to mind. It's one of those "life comes at you fast commercials". The one where the guy is driving along following the turn-by-turn directions that were being given by his car service and then instead of listening to the complete instruction at the end, he turns immediately and straight into the side of a building. I admit...I started laughing just from the thought but, after I composed myself the Lord used that commercial to lead me to a revelation. Jeremiah 6:16 states
This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look, ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." But you said, "We will not walk in it."


As I meditated on this scripture the process was crystal
  1. Stand & Look- be still in the situation and allow God to show it to you through his eyes. Be real with God and yourself. Take any "blinders" off. "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckeled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace. ~ Ephesians 6:15,14
  2. Pray - first for clarity on God's predestined plan for your life and the situation, then for the path of provision that God has prepared for you. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path" ~Proverbs 3:4-6 "For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair-every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. ~Proverbs 2:8-10
  3. Walk -- in obedience! "And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed. ~Hebrews3:18 "But I say, walk and live[habitually]in the Holy Spirit[responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh(of human nature without God.) ~Galatians 5:16(AMP)

...the fog of complication and drama, lifted and I wondered why it had taken me so long to get this simple concept to take root in my spirit. I realize that in alot of instances I was being led, in varying degrees, by my emotions instead of The Spirit. We face many crossroads in life. Which way do we turn? There is a path that will take you directly to God's intended goal. The path of obedience where he smooths the potholes and makes our way straight. Then there is the other road. Full of twists, turns, complications. Yeah, in the end, if we are God's children and change our misguided direction, we can still end up where He wants us to be but, the trip will be longer and a lot less enjoyable. So, let's make it easy on ourselves. Let's vow to us our GPS....God's Positioning System!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections Please!