Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Saturday, July 21, 2007

Through The Looking Glass

Ok..why through the looking glass? No, I do not have some strange fascination with Louis Carroll or his famous book of this name. For the past few days, God has really been speaking to me about repositioning my perspective. When faced with something it is almost an immediate reaction to look at that thing through my own set of experiences, expectations or emotions...facing things with a memory of the past instead of taking the time to examine each experience new and independent of the rest. It's like looking in a mirror. I can look in a mirror at this very moment and see an image of myself and the things around me in that mirror. But, if I go back seconds later, thinking that I already know what I will see, I may miss some small thing that makes this image of me different from the first. If we don't take the time to examine the things of life independently and through the mirror of Christ , we miss the opportunity to improve ourselves , our image, relationships and experiences. So, I invite you to journey with me THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS as I allow God to show me myself and the divine inspirations in day-to-day life.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I know I got a little taste of this a couple days ago but it doesn't change the blessing in it. OH my! This revelation is so on time..for me. I too am learning to switch my perspective in many things...that is how I am Divinely flowing through some storms right now! God is so faithful! Ok I gotta go.You know me I'll be here all day! Love ya! Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written article.

    ReplyDelete

Reflections Please!