Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Monday, July 30, 2007

DON'T SHOO THE CATS

My Mom told me a story tonight about when I was a young girl. It amused me so much that I thought I would share it. One day, my youngest uncle, who is only 5 yrs older than I, was outside chasing stray cats out of the yard. My Grandmother came outside and told him to stop chasing the cats away. When he asked why, she told him that for all he knew he was chasing Jesus away. (That wonderful African American Ancestrial Wisdom -smile). Well, my sister and I were standing near by and not hearing the "you don't know" or the "might be", began to sob uncontrollably. My Mom asked us what was wrong and we told her that we were upset and mad because our uncle was chasing Jesus away. I am so glad that Jesus said that he would never leave me or forsake me. I just pray that the next time that I am faced with something that may distance me from his presence, that I am filled with the sorrow we felt that day when we thought that Jesus was being sent away. Then, I know that making the right choice will be child's play!

1 comment:

  1. Now that was soooo cute! I like that about Jesus never forsaking us and when we do something that leds us astray from His presence we should feel that very same sadness as if we sent Him away. I like that.God is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Reflections Please!