Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Thursday, August 2, 2007

SIT DOWN, DON'T YOU HEAR GOD TALKING TO YOU?


I was talking to a friend this morning and as she commented on the story that I told in my last blog, the Holy Spirit brought back to my remembrance another story from my childhood. When I was young, my mom would always watch this cop show called "The Rookies". My sister and I were in the habit of watching it with her. One stormy night when we returned home, my sister went straight for the TV to turn it on to watch "The Rookies". As she did it began to thunder loudly. Me being the bossy, mother-hen of a big sister that I WAS stood up and boldly proclaimed, "sit down girl! You ain't watching no wookies, don't you hear God talkin' to you." After I finished laughing at the story, I began to thank God because if we are still and quiet during the storms of our life that he will indeed talk us through it...as a matter of fact, he often uses the storms to get our attention...to put the focus back on him, instead of all the things in life that tend to distract us. Today if you hear his voice harden not your heart. He will give you rest in the midst of the most "violent" storm.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great day! That picture looks mighty familiar...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wookie...I still think that is so cute! That Word about the storms in our lives is so true cause all that we go through it is Him Who gets us through. I spoke with Rev. Brown last night and I told Him that through all that has been going on in my life in these past couple of months my feet didn't once touch the ground...cause He carried me through it all!

    ReplyDelete

Reflections Please!