Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Sunday, August 19, 2007

ARE YOU STARVING IN THE ORCHARD?

So...I'm determined once again (this time for once and for all) to take better care of my temple so that it will be in the condition that God needs it to be to carry and/or accomplish anything that he sets forth in my life. One thing I am doing is consciously increasing the intake of fruits and vegetables. Fruits are not a problem. I think the majority of people love fruit. It is sweet, refreshing and filling. All of the things we look for in the artificial stuff..without all of the calories and unwanted extras. Some say, "the perfect food." The Lord has been ministering to me about translating that natural revelation about fruit to the spiritual. He began to show me all the times that I would repeatedly pray for peace, joy, patience,love, faithfulness, kindness, goodness...you know the Fruit of the Spirit. He asked, "Why do you starve standing in an orchard of perpetual supply?" HMMMM.... As I meditated on the question, I had a light bulb moment! Those atributes are not called fruit just because they are sweet, or because they grow from the flowering vine of the Holy Spirit. They are called fruit because they hold within themselves constant renewal. When we eat fruit in the natural, we usually discard the seeds. The parts of the fruit that hold the embryos, that will produce the shoots, that will produce....MORE FRUIT!!! FOR FREE...NO PRICE....just a little water and cultivation! If the Spirit of God dwells in us then we already produce all that we need to be fed with a sustaining supply of the Fruit of the Spirit. The Lord has given you peace...the more you actively plant the seeds of peace from your fruit into situations or people that seem to have no peace, the more peace will abound and your spirit man will be filled constantly and consistently with the sweet fruit of peace. The same goes for the rest of the fruit! So, stop starving in the orchard. Eat the fruit, cultivate the seeds, reap the harvest and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey now you're stalking me! I've been studying the Fruit of the Spirit and this has just blessed my study even more. Thanks 4 sharing! love ya

    ReplyDelete

Reflections Please!