Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

I just wanted to stop for a few minutes this morning and give thanks for the rain. I have missed the smell of the pavement after a good rain. I love rainy days, although they make me want to snuggle up in a comforter with a good book and call it a day! I read a line in a book the other day that was so simple yet powerful: Only sun makes a desert but the rain makes the flowers grow. That is so true in the physical and the spiritual. It is during the times in our life that there seems to be only rain that God can cause the greatest growth in our spiritual walk. It's in those times that we can drink of the living water to hydrate the places where we have become dry and stagnant and as a result watch new things begin to take bloom. Praise God for the rain. It is indeed a blessing!
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections Please!