Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Friday, November 2, 2007

SMILES AND SMIRKS

I thought I would share two funny little stories with you guys today.


I had my first visit with my Hospice clients last week. Since it was my first visit, a veteran volunteer went with me. The visits went well. I must say that I am not happy with the overall care given at the nursing home that they are in though. Anyway, one of my clients is an alzheimer's patient. We all know how that disease can make you regress to another time period in your life. Well, this lady saw me and I guess it put her in a time warp to pre-civil rights because she started telling me a story about how someone she knew was going to get him a black boy. I patiently smiled and listen as she relayed the story. Then before I left I asked her if I could pray with her...and I did. After visiting some of my other clients, We passed by her again. She was sitting in the same place staring off in space. As we walked by her, We told her that we would be back soon to visit her. With a big bright smile and a giggle, she boldly proclaimed, "I hope not". All I could do was laugh because I was sure that she meant to think that and not say. it.

I was feeling under the weather this weekend so, I made an appointment to see my doctor. The nurse gave me a gown and told me to slip it on and the doctor would be right with me. As I was getting undressed I heard "Great and Mighty" playing. Not thinking about the fact that there was no music playing anywhere else in the office, I thought, "Wow, how wonderful. They are piping Gospel music through the intercom." I listened for a while, and then remembered that I had changed my ringtone the night before and the music was coming from my phone. (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections Please!