Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Wednesday, November 14, 2007

THE GARMENT--MARK 10:46-52

This was written by one of my besties! (Hey Kira, girl) I thought It was so awesome, I had to share.

And there Jesus was leaving the city of Jericho
People were following Him-for they hated to see Him go.
Blind Bartimeus was there on the road and heard Jesus was passing by
He was overwhelmed,he wanted healing so with a loud voice he began to cry-
"Oh Jesus,Son of David,have mercy upon me"
"I am a blind man and my desire is to see!"
The people there said "Hush up! He doesn't have time for you!
"Just sit there and be quiet Jesus has much better things to do!"
But Blind Bartimeus cried even louder "Son of David,have mercy upon me
I am a blind man and my desire is to see!"
Right there in that moment Jesus stopped-yes He stood still
For He had heard a voice of faith calling out to Him at will.
Jesus said to the people "Tell him,tell him to come here!"
And they did just that saying "Bartimeus,be of good cheer!"
"For Jesus has called you,so get up,get up,arise!
"He may have compassion upon you, yes He may heal your eyes!"
So Bartimeus got up and cast His garment away
His garment of doubt and pain and fear-those things could no longer stay!
And Jesus said to him "What is it? What shall I do for you?
Your voice was louder than the rest-above them all I heard you!"
"Lord," Bartimeus said "I want to receive my sight today."
"I know if I want to see,then You are the only Way!"
Jesus said "Your faith,your faith has made you whole."
"So go on you way Bartimeus,now onto other people you won't have to hold!"
Immediately he received his sight,yes Bartimeus was no longer blind!
He was made whole. He was set free-soul,body and mind.
The garment he layed down,he did not return to get it
For He was a free man now....so what could he do with it?
I know that man Jesus Who can do the same for you!
He heals every affliction and every pain He'll carry you through.
So ARISE! I say-put down that garment and cry out-
"Jesus,I am afflicted,I come in faith and not in doubt!"
"Hear my cry,my Lord- Have mercy upon me."
For I am blind as Bartimeus once was and my desire is to see."

Now unto Him Who is able to keep me from falling-the Lover of my Soul-Jesus Christ
kirag


1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for posting this to share with others. it means alot to me. The Lord gave me this in middle of my time of healing right now...and that it did. I pray it ministers to others as well. I love ya and I LOVE the songs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reflections Please!