Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Friday, June 25, 2010

Beauty

The word beauty or the concept and debate about the meaning of the word has for some reason been prevalent in conversations, songs, writings, etc that I have been privy to in the past week.  I know it is because of my struggles with this issue and the strides that I have made Spiritually to break that stronghold.  This entry is very personal.  I even shed some tears while writing it. (LOL)   I pray that it ministers to whoever is lead to read it.
What is the definition of beautiful? Who has the authority to categorize another person as beautiful or not? I came to the conclusion, that people who cannot see the beauty in others may just be insecure with themselves...and rather than deal with their demons, they  say things to devalue others.  Things that would possibly cause someone else to become a neighbor in their personal hell. A while back, I asked God to allow me to see myself as HE sees me and to remove negative feelings about myself that I had allowed to take root.  For the most part, I have never classified myself as an "outer beauty" (maybe because those around me did not).  I've often struggled with my weight and then there are the outward scars of having battled eczema and what I now know is scleroderma for a large part of my life.  I am not often asked out and have only had a few relationships. For a long time, I even avoided looking into mirrors for too long.  I began to play the background.... not wanting to draw attention for fear of rejection, hurt or being reminded that I do not fit our societies definition of desirable. But, as I continue to grow spiritually, I see myself through the eyes of God.  I have begun to realize that the Spirit of God within me shines outwardly...that I am created in his likeness.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  My friend gave me a t-shirt that reads "My mirror does not define me."  For the first time in a long time, I can truly say that and mean it. I have stepped out of the shadows and am once again taking "my spotlight" on the stage of life. If you are reading this and you can relate in anyway to my story, just know that you are amazing, you are created with great purpose....AND YES, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Love on yourself...it gives others permission to do the same!

~As Always,  Be Beautifully Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections Please!