Thought for the day:

Thought for the day: Live an intentional life! You either live by design or default! You may as well design a life you desire!



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Insomnia and Defrosting the Freezer

I could not fall asleep last night.  I had not taken a nap during the day and yet, at 3...4...5 am, I was wide awake.  I was actually on an adrenaline high.  You see, I had begun to imagine the life that I alway picture for myself in the quiet times when there is no one else but me and God.  For the first time in a long time, that life seemed tangible, palpitable...real!  I realized that I was in a place in my life where I was ready to take the risks necessary to make the vision materialize.  The first step for me is making room.  I remember, the first time I helped my Grandmother defrost her freezer.  At first, I was confused because I couldn't understand why she was intentionally taking all of the frozen food out of the freezer, when she reminded me daily not to keep opening the freezer door because the food would go bad. (LOL)  As we took things out of the freezer, my grandmother would make three areas: things that go back in the freezer, things to be used soon, and things to be discarded because they had been in the freezer too long.  When we were finished, we could once again tell, what we had and what we needed.... and for what we need...there was space to hold it.  God began to speak to me about taking inventory of my life.  It is time for me to defrost the freezer of my life and figure out what goes back in for preservation, things that need to be used because they are about to expire or things that need to be discarded because I had allowed them to sit hidden, past their prime...no longer good for the purpose in which I held on to them....taking up space.  I'm defrosting my freezer and making room for the life that God intends for me!

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL...AND WELL TAKEN! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Reflections Please!